Table of Contents
Learn Kate Shortcuts for Windows
Most used Kate Shortcuts
|Kate Shortcut keys
|Comment selected line
|Ctrl + D
|Uncomment selected line
|Ctrl + Shift + D
|Move row or selected lines up
|Ctrl + Shift + Up Arrow key
|Move row or selected lines down
|Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow key
|Duplicate line up
|Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow key
|Duplicate line down
|Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow key
|Selected line indent right
|Selected line indent left
|Shift + Tab
|Ctrl + K
|Toggle between Insert and Overwrite mode
|Move the cursor one character to the left
|Left Arrow key
|Move the cursor one character to the right
|Right Arrow key
|Move the cursor up one line
|Up Arrow key
|Move the cursor down one line
|Down Arrow key
|Move the cursor up one page
|Page Up key
|Move the cursor down one page
|Page Down key
|Delete the character to the left of the cursor
|Move the cursor to the beginning of the line
|Move the cursor to the end of the line
|Delete the character to the right of the cursor
|Insert newline including leading characters of the current line which are not letters or numbers
|Shift + Enter
|Mark text one character to the left
|Shift + Left Arrow key
|Mark text one character to the right
|Shift + Right Arrow key
|Shift + F1
|Ctrl + F
|Set a Bookmark
|Ctrl + B
|Copy the marked text to the clipboard
|Ctrl + C
|Ctrl + N
|Ctrl + P
|Quit – close active copy of the editor
|Ctrl + Q
|Ctrl + R
|Save your file
|Ctrl + S
|Ctrl + V
|Delete the marked text and copy it to the clipboard
|Ctrl + X
|Ctrl + Z
|Ctrl + Shift + Z
What is Kate?
Kate is a feature-rich text editor for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems. It is part of the KDE project and offers advanced editing capabilities, syntax highlighting, and support for various programming languages.
Are there any commonly used shortcuts in Kate?
Yes, here are some commonly used shortcuts in Kate:
- Ctrl + N: Create a new file.
- Ctrl + O: Open an existing file.
- Ctrl + S: Save the current file.
- Ctrl + Z: Undo the last action.
- Ctrl + Y: Redo the last undone action.
- Ctrl + C: Copy the selected text.
- Ctrl + V: Paste the copied text.
- Ctrl + X: Cut the selected text.
- Ctrl + F: Find text within the file.
- Ctrl + H: Replace text within the file.
- 29 IRONCAD Keyboard Shortcuts
- 68 Jaws Keyboard Shortcuts
- 107 jEdit Keyboard Shortcuts
- 10 JW Player Keyboard Shortcuts